Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Homework

Last night I was helping the girls with their homework; it was not going very well either. Both were tired, frustrated, complaining, whining and acting helpless. I had all but given up on them, when poof…two crystals were in the air.

Crystal #1
Lily’s assignment was to read Mary Had a Little Lamb with me. Next, circle all the words beginning with L. Circle all of the words Mary. Circle the last word in the 2nd line.

Mommy: “Lily, circle the last word in the 2nd line.”

Lily: “I did.”

Mommy: “No, circle the LAST word in the 2nd LINE.”

Lily: “I did.”

Mommy: “Honey, the LAST word.”

Lily: “Honey is for your husband.”

Crystal # 2
Homework was over - yeah!! We put everything away and the bath water was ready. When Lily announced…

Lily: “I forgot to do my words.”

Lily has to review a list of sight words every night.

Mommy: “Oh Lily, don’t worry about it we can do it tomorrow."

Lily: “Mommy, I have to.”

Tara: “Mommy, I can help her do it.”

Yes!! Tara knows how to read and she can help her sister.

1 comment:

  1. What a treasure to be sisters. And not just sisters, but friends. Good job H!

    ReplyDelete