Friday, October 23, 2009

Pajamas

I can always tell my kids are growing by their pajamas. Tara walked by me last night and I thought to myself, “those PJ’s used to be below your knees, now they almost look like a long shirt.” All Lily’s PJ’s used to have Dora and Boots on them, now she wears PJ’s that have the Disney Princesses on them.

We tried something a little different this school year; we took a break from some of our after school activities like gymnastics and swimming lessons. Both of the girls are now participating in Girl Scouts. It is fun to see them involved in their community; fund raisers, food drives, learning about safety from Officer Sarah and there is also a field trip planned to the Fire Department next month. Recently they participated in fund raising for the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) Walk to Cure Diabetes and fund raising for their school. Both girls are supporting Lily’s Kindergarten teacher (which is Tara’s former Kindergarten teacher too) in the Susan G. Komen 3 Day Walk. On a smaller scale they enjoy collecting Box Tops and soup labels for their school and pop tabs for Phoenix Children’s Hospital/Ronald McDonald houses.

Every morning when I drop Lily off for Kindergarten I see a friend of mine and her now 10 month old daughter. Her daughter is getting so big; Julie use to carry her baby in an infant carrier, then a stroller, now she is carrying her on her hip. Every morning I see them, I get a little sad and I miss my babies so much. But I look at my babies who are now 5 and 7 and I love watching them grow. I love watching them participate in new activities and being involved in their community. They are gaining a variety of experiences that I know will last a lifetime.

Oh by the way; consider yourself warned. Girl Scout cookie sales begin in January.



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How excited we were to have Tara join our family. I loved it when she got excited and formed a perfect "O" with her mouth. I still look at those pictures of that little baby.
    Then we were blessed with Lily. Such a clown and such a charmer. I remember seeing her asleep in her bassinet and I would pick her up and hold her so close as she kept sleeping.
    Now I see two young ladies. Loving and compassionate with each other and those around them. I see them enjoying fund raisers and so willing to give back to others and to their communities. Oh, if we all could be like Tara and Lily.

    I love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Good job, girls. And I think you might be picking up on those things from the great examples of your mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete